Friday, March 29, 2013

Sakura 2013, Tokyo

This year, many people would end up feeling disappointed if they had booked their sakura tour to Japan based on the bloom forecast from previous years. Due to global warming, this year's winter was exceptionally warmer and spring came very early. Sakura in Tokyo bloomed at least 2 weeks earlier than forecast. Now, the flowers would already been falling off. By the time visitors reach there with their tour groups next week, they would be fuming mad because what's left for them to see is just green leaves. Even though not expecting to see the full bloom initially, I was there at the peak bloom period due to this global warming. Ueno park is always the best place to see sakura in Tokyo. It doesn't have nice landscape like the Shinjuku Gyoen or other parks, but the trees here are very old. The older and more mature the trees are, the whiter and denser flowers they bloom. Because this park is free, it could get very crowded especially during the weekends.

Click on the image for picture gallery

Because I brought my camera this time, I also have the chance to finally shoot the Gundam in high resolution. Gundam lovers, check out who I found beside the gigantic robot.

Click on the image for picture gallery

2 comments:

Sam said...

I am 23yo, have a pilot licence, last year of university in christchurch NZ, and, though a little embarrassing on my part, this blog still evokes the passion in me to pursue my aviation dream and see all these amazing cities you get to see. I've never commented on this blog before, but I have followed in closely. Thanks for giving me the much needed motivation to continue chasing my aviation dream.

hoongji said...

Wish you the best in your future undertakings. May your dreams come true.